Once you’ve made the decision to repair or replace your roof, finding the right local roof contractor to do the job can be an overwhelming choice to make. Roofing work is a significant financial investment, and the right contractor can make a big difference in how the project goes. Most homeowners have little experience with this sort of project, since it’s one you will only take on once or twice, and they will have to rely heavily on their contractor to make the right decisions on their behalf. That’s why you’ll need to find the best roof contractor to fit your needs – they’ll have the experience and expertise to make sure your project is a success.
Go with a Local Roof Contractor
The first step to choosing the right contractor is to stay local. The best roofing contractor is one that knows your area, your climate, and your neighbors. A local contractor knows that referrals and recommendations are crucial to their business, so they’ll be focused on making you happy with your experience, so you’ll share that with others. A local roof contractor will understand the local weather, and therefore, be able to choose materials to hold up during harsh conditions.
Check Out the Basics
Look at the company history. How long has the contractor been in business? Are they licensed? Are they insured? What kinds of insurance do they carry? Are they certified? Many manufacturers want to make sure that those who use their products know how to install them properly, so they’ll have a certification process for contractors. Any contractor who doesn’t have all their documentation in order is a big red flag.
What Do Their Customers Say?
Most contractors you’ll find will fit the basic requirements. Any company who is serious about their business will be certified, licensed, and insured. So how do you narrow it down? You can look for recommendations on local Facebook groups, Yelp, Google, and more. Many contractors will also post testimonials on their websites. But beyond the “they were great!”, you’ll want specific feedback to make sure you find the best local roof contractor. Here are some things to look for in reviews:
- Knowledge about service and materials – were they pushing one product? Did they explain the options? Were they able to answer questions and give advice and recommendations based on their customer’s unique needs?
- Response time – how quickly do they reply when you reach out? Are they available for questions or concerns? Are they professional and polite in your interactions?
- Scheduling – how quickly will the project begin after hiring? How long do they expect it to take? Do projects generally finish on time? What hours can you expect the roofers to be at your home?
- Attention to Detail – were the workers polite and professional? How was the clean up process? Were they careful with landscaping, gutters, and other exterior fixtures?
- Final product – how happy are their customers with the completed project?
An Estimate You Trust
Once you finish your research online, it’s important to get more than one contractor out to inspect your roof and give you an estimate based on your needs. Your inspection should be thorough, including a visit to your attic and upper level to look for any water damage or gaps. Once you meet the local roof contractors in person, see how they behave during your inspection, and get their estimate, you should have a good “gut feeling” about who you trust for your project.
Roof repair and replacement is a big investment. Therefore, you want to make sure you make the right choices. Looking at the basic requirements, recommendations, and estimates should put you on the right track to find the right contractor in your area. Here at Armorvue we’ve been installing roofs for satisfied customers for decades, and our customer service and commitment to provide installations with integrity have made us an industry leader in this area. Contact us today for a virtual appointment to talk about scheduling the installation of your new roof.