You may not realize it, but your windows are one of your home’s most important features. Not only do they have a big impact on your property’s curb appeal, but they also affect how energy efficient your home is.
There are several reasons for this: first of all, the quality of your windows will help prevent energy from leaking in or out of your home.
Secondly, by bringing in natural light, your windows help reduce your reliance on artificial light, thereby reducing your energy use further. With that in mind, if your existing windows begin to show wear and tear or are no longer as efficient as they once were, you may need to consider replacing them.
Installing Replacement Windows
If you need to replace your existing windows, then the following are some factors you’ll want to take into consideration when choosing new replacement windows:
- They need to fit your home’s design. – You’ll want to choose replacement windows that complement your home’s existing style. If they clash with your home’s design, they will hurt your curb appeal.
- They need to last a long time. – Windows built with high-quality materials should last a long time. If they aren’t, they will experience more wear and tear more quickly, which can compromise their efficiency, security, safety, and function — not to mention visual appeal.
- They need to be energy efficient. – Make sure the window is built using insulating materials and that the glass is rated by Energy Star to ensure proper energy efficiency.
- They need to be easy to operate. – If you’re planning to install windows that can open (whether up and down or side-to-side), make sure the replacement window is easy and safe to operate.
- They need to be secure. – Any window that opens up needs to have a high-quality locking mechanism that makes it easy to lock, keeping your home safe and secure.
ARMORVUE Replacement Windows
Our windows are built using high-quality insulating materials (such as foam core) and Energy Star-labeled glass to help ensure their energy efficiency. We carry two main lines of windows: our Platinum Series windows and our Gold Series windows. We also offer a wide range of different types of windows that can be customized in a variety of ways to fit your unique replacement needs.
The following are a few of the types of replacement windows that we offer here at ARMORVUE:
Double-hung windows are more traditional in that they feature two sashes. Our double-hung windows have operating sashes that allow you to open both the top and the bottom parts of the window. They also feature tilt-in sashes, which make the exterior glass easy to clean.
Casement windows are attached to the side of the window frame and swing open. Awning windows are similar to casement windows, only they are hinged at the top and open outward from the bottom instead of hinged on the side of the frame. Awning windows are often installed higher up on walls to provide privacy or above other types of windows to help improve the view and airflow. Both are known for their ease in functionality and are a great choice for any home.
Slider windows are popular because they provide an unobstructed view of the outside and are easier to open than double-hung windows since they can be slid open instead of lifted open. Our slider windows are unique in that they have all the benefits of a typical slider window but are also designed using swing-in sashes to make cleaning easier.
Bow windows are often used in living spaces, but can also be wrapped around the corner of a building. Bay windows are similar to bow windows but usually only consist of three windows — a static central window and two smaller windows on each side. Bay windows tend to reach out a little farther from the wall than a bow window as well. Both window styles bring in an abundance of natural light and offer a great panoramic view.
ARMORVUE can produce a window to fit any shape or size area that you need. Create a unique custom-sized window for your home, with a shaped window.
An inside tilting hopper window is a favorite among homeowners for small spaces like the basement, laundry room, or bathroom.
Glass block windows can add privacy and safety to bathrooms or basement areas while still providing some natural light and they’re available with or without optional vents.
To find out more about our wide selection of energy-efficient replacement windows, reach out to us at ARMORVUE today.
Our Commitment to Excellence
ARMORVUE windows are proudly made in the USA. We stand by our products and ARMORVUE windows come with a limited LIFETIME transferable warranty.